Board of directors
- Over 14 years experience as a corporate commercial and securities lawyer. Currently a partner at Gowlings in the Toronto office
- Focuses his practice on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, and structured products.
- Works closely with issuers, underwriters, and other corporate clients.
- Holds an LLB from Osgoode Hall Law School at York University and a BA form Queen’s University
- Over 20 years experience as an entrepreneur and business development professional with a track record of building profitable and sustainable business ventures
- Core areas of expertise include sales management, new business development, contract negotiation, and product procurement.
- Current principal of DZD Hardwood, a successful family owned business located in Montreal
- Graduate of Concordia University
- Over 12 years of experience as an entrepreneur focused on online marketing, website design, retail and real estate.
- Core areas of expertise include concept and market creation through international e-commerce channels, formation of strategic supply and distribution partnerships, opening logistics channels and improving customer service.
- Educational background in computer science and business management
Philip van den Berg graduated cum laude in economics in 1985 at the University of Amsterdam. After graduating, Mr. van den Berg joined Pierson, Heldring & Pierson in the Netherlands as investment analyst. Most of his experience on the sell side was with Goldman Sachs in London where he joined when its European equities division was established in 1987. In 1995 Philip went to Deutsche Morgan Grenfell to participate in re-establishing its European equities division. During his career on the sell-side, he held various positions within research departments as investment analyst, supervisory analyst, member of the investment policy committee and head of research. In 1997 Philip moved to the buy-side as co-founder of Olympus Capital Management, one of the first European hedge funds (long short equity). In 2006 Philip co-founded Taler Asset Management, a wealth management company based in Gibraltar. Currently Philip is a non-executive director at Taler. Since 2014 Philip has been an active investor in various start-up companies in Europe and the US where he has held positions as director and CFO, including Golden Leaf Holding (CSE:GLH) and URT1. He has implemented corporate governance and administrative systems, has been involved in a number of capital market transactions, oversaw a public listing and has been involved in mergers and acquisitions.
Kiran Sidhu graduated with and A.B. honors in computer science in 1985 from Brown University and an MBA in Finance from the Wharton School of Business in 1987. Mr. Sidhu was a manager with Price Waterhouse’s strategic consulting group in Los Angeles and a senior associate with Merrill Lynch Capital Markets in mergers and acquisitions in New York. Mr. Sidhu served as CFO of On Stage Entertainment and oversaw its initial public offering on NASDAQ. On Stage was subsequently sold to McCown De Leeuw & Co. Mr. Sidhu was a founder and the finance director of Nano Universe PLC where he oversaw its listing on the LSE-AIM. In 2003 he built Aspen Communication located in New Delhi, India into an outsourcing company skilled in e-commerce fraud detection, accounting, customer and systems support and data analytics to large customers included Party Gaming (LSE:PRTY). Mr. Sidhu currently serves as CEO of URT1.