Namaste is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our team. The right person will be extremely organized, be extremely driven by a need to constantly improve systems, and be confident in their skills to work independently (as well as part of a team). An understanding of the development process and software development workflows is a must. The right person has experience supporting the servers and other infrastructure that production code runs on. Beyond working in ops, infrastructure, and the software development process you should enjoy working in an evolving industry.
- 2-3 years supporting systems running on AWS services using technologies such as EC2, Cloudfront, S3, Route53, CodeBuild, and CodeDeploy.
- 2-3 years of working on a development team, in any capacity.
- Experience building E2E tests with Selenium and Detox.
- Interested in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting enterprise and big data infrastructure and systems.
- Ability to design and execute projects that optimize systems through more and more reliable automation as well as better processes.
- Experience in automating development, deployment/integration pipelines, and infrastructure tasks.
- Understanding of code Version Control Systems (like Git) and deployment processes.
- Experience with Linux and Bash code.
- Mastery of the English language, both written and spoken, and ability to communicate your ideas clearly and concisely.
- Strong desire to constantly be learning and improving both yourself and the products our development team produces (be prepared to spend a great deal of time doing research on standards and best practices).
- Willingness to go the extra mile when incidents are identified in order to restore full functionality.
- Experience in the design and implementation of systems that are highly scalable.
- Firm understanding of incident reporting and workflows, desire to find the root problem and prevent it in the future rather than find the person to blame.
- Proven track record of finding blind spots and addressing them before they cause problems.
- A general passion for engineering and technology.
Nice to have:
- Past application orchestration experience and a proven track record of automating processes within Chef, Ansible, or Puppet.
- A background working as a SysAdmin or in another DevOps role.
- Experience with working remotely, as there will likely be some remote work.
- Past Agile team experience with daily Scrums.
- Experience with managing big data infrastructure.
- Experience using workflow platforms to provide feedback to development teams, such as Trello, JIRA, etc.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Proven track record of always learning and growing
- Driven by optimizing systems through better processes and reliable automation
- Proactive attitude
- Get the chance to work in an exciting industry
- Stock Options
We believe in building a team where developers can have access to an environment of growth and incredible opportunities. Our culture is based around the proactive, selfless values that make up every Namaste tribe member.